Monday 3 November 2014

Idea shoots


Idea one - Music photography
Whilst shooting this image I have used the inspiration of music photographer Nick Pickles. Choosing a particular image of his work I have taken inspiration of low key lighting being used and also using an object to show the genre of music, I have chosen to use earphones to show this. Experimenting with the lighting and the positioning of the model, and also experimenting with using a microphone as a reference to music instead of a earphones, I have gotten a range of different images which I have shown using a contact sheet, a range of them I like because of the positioning I have taken the photograph in, but the rest I dislike because there is too much or too little light. I have shown the image I have chosen to use to represent my first idea, which I will experiment with further using Photoshop to add a title etc and see what it would look like as a magazine cover. I have chosen this image because I like how balanced the lighting and the shadowing is and the position I have taken this photograph in. Also with there only being a small amount of light on the side of the face I think that gives this image a deep meaning, because a large amount of the face isn't visible, which gives the message that whilst listening to this music she is hiding her face and doesn't want to be seen. Within this image I have shown reflection within the lighting. I could improve on this by taking more inspiration from my chosen inspiration image and showing more action and movement with the model.




I have now developed onto adding magazine features to show how my image would look as a magazine cover. On Photoshop I have added a title and have taken a colour from the hair to use for the title, which I have done by using colour selection. I placed the title at the top of this image using a new layer and have used the eraser tool to erase parts of the title that were over the top of the model or any object in this image, which I think makes this image look more like a magazine cover. I have also added a bar code to give this image more of a magazine cover effect. I think that this image would look good as a music magazine cover because it represents music well and the shadow and the darkness would bring attraction. Although, I think that I could improve on this by making the title slightly bigger and adding text around the image to give it more of a magazine look, but overall I am happy with this image and how I have developed it.







Idea two - Portraiture

For my second idea I have chosen to use the inspiration of a portrait image taken by the portrait photographer Tom Barnes. I went in the studio and whilst shooting this image I used the inspiration of the style of the image taken by Tom Barnes and having the model wear glasses. Whilst shooting this image I have experimented with taking the photograph from different distances and different positions of the lighting, which I have shown in a contact sheet. In the end I got the outcome of this image which I am happy with and feel that I have used a good amount of inspiration from my chosen photographer.Using this image I will experiment with adding a magazine title and features to show how this image will look as a magazine cover. I have chosen to show reflections within the glasses in this image which I think works well because there is reflections of light and shadow. My inspiration image was a black and white photograph not colour, I will also take the inspiration from that and alter this image on Photoshop to give this a black and white effect that I am happy with and think will reflect well with the inspiration image. I could develop this image further by using a black background instead of white, using a good amount of light, not too much and not too little, to show a good amount of detail and also show better reflection within the glasses. I could also experiment with the position of the model and not just the lighting as a development on this image and a way to improve and move this idea forward.







I have developed onto adding a title and a bar code to this image. On Photoshop I have changed the effect of this image to black and white and also added a title using a text layer, I have made the colour of the title red to give it a bit of colour after editing the image to black and white. I placed the title on top of this image and using the eraser tool erased past of the title which covered the model which makes this look like the title is being the head of the model. Although I like this image the the contrast of the black and white image and red title go well together I am not sure that this image would go well as a portrait magazine cover and to develop this and make this image look better as a magazine cover I could experiment with the text and colours of this image.





Idea three - Fashion
For my final idea I have chosen to use the inspiration of a fashion image shot by Julia Kennedy. The inspiration I have chosen to take from Julia Kennedy's image is the fashion of wearing a backpack and within this I will show reflections of the bag within the mirror. Whilst shooting this image I have experimented with a range of different positions of the model, such as standing up and sitting and kneeling at different angles, which I have shown in a contact sheet. I have shown the final image that I am happy with and I like this image because I think that the positioning is good, as well as the positioning of the mirror that captures a good reflection of the backpack, I feel I have used a good amount of inspiration with my chosen artist and am happy with my final outcome. I will move on to add a title and magazine features onto this image using Photoshop to show how this image would look if it was to be put onto a magazine, which would be a fashion magazine. I could develop this image by reflecting more than just the backpack into the mirror or focusing more on the relfection than the model within the image. 














Developing onto adding a magazine features, I have used Photoshop to add a title, which I have done using black text and using the eraser tool to remove any text that has been placed over the model, and have also added a bar code to show features of a magazine cover. Although I like this image, and I feel with the right editing and adding to this image it could look good as a magazine cover, but I dislike the font and colour I have chosen to use for this title, to improve this I need to experiment with the font and the colour of the text and make sure I am happy with the ones chosen and feel that it looks more successful as a magazine cover. But I think with the right title and other magazine features placed in the correct places this image could be successful as a magazine cover.












No comments:

Post a Comment