Sunday 12 October 2014

Third idea - Fashion

For my last idea I have chosen to focus on the genre of fashion photography to create a magazine cover whilst showing reflection.


An example of a magazine I would use for this idea is a fashion magazine. Vogue magazine is a good example of a popular fashion magazine that my idea could go on and would work well with.
















I have researched and found some fashion photography images on the internet. I have chosen these images to show different examples on fashion photography and the way they can be photographed. Some are close up and only show the top half and some are show more of the body to show the fashion. I like the image in the middle on the right because he is smiling and from researching I have seen that a lot of fashion photography images the model isn't smiling, I like that he is smiling because it portrays the image that he is happy in himself and in what he is wearing, and also the way his hands are joined and his body language make me believe that he is young and innocent. But I also think it works well when the model isn't smiling because it looks more serious and with the right pose represents the fashion well. If the model isn't positioned correctly I think that the clothing could become to look less important within the image, when this should be the main aspect of the image, the model is just there to show off the clothing and make sure it looks good. Fashion photographs like the one on the bottom left draw a lot of attention, because they are bizarre they attract peoples attention and the way the photographer has used colour in the background makes it look a lot more exciting than just a plain black or white background, which is what kind of background all of these photographers have used apart from this one image, the black and white backgrounds that have been used go well within those images but for this one a colour background works a lot better. The lighting in the top right images works well because it reflects off his face and brings attention the the fashion and the way he is dressed and what he is representing. Overall I like all of these images and think that in different ways they all work well as fashion photography.

















Julia Kennedy
I have chosen to research Julia Kennedy's work and use her work as an inspiration to create a fashion photography piece because I like the style of her work and enjoy looking through her images. Throughout her work she has different themes of fashion photography but all fit into the same style and link together in a way.


I have chosen this image of Julia Kennedy's work as my main inspiration for my work inspired by image. In this image I like how the light shines through the top left hand corner and the position this image has been shot in.

Intentions
My aim is to create an image inspired by Julia Kennedy using this image as my main inspiration. I will attempt to do this in the studio and I will try to get the same lighting and using the same style of fashion to recreate this image as my own. Whilst shooting this photograph I will attempt to reflect this in a mirror to show reflections. When I am shooting this image I will also be experimenting with different lightings and angle to get different effects and will produce a range of images from which I will choose one I feel looks best.

No comments:

Post a Comment