Thursday 9 October 2014

Second idea - Portraiture

For my second idea I have chosen to focus on portrait photography to create a magazine cover showing reflection within the eyes.



Life magazine is a good example that fits well with portrait photography and is a good example of a magazine cover my idea could go onto. It is also a good inspiration in creating my images to look good once put onto a magazine cover as a lot of things have to be taking into account, for example having the portrait stand out whilst also having text on top.
















I have found some images on the internet relevant to the genre of portrait photography. I have chosen these images because they are good examples of portraiture
. These images show different angles portrait images can be taken in, different positions the lights can be positioned in to give different effects and produces different shadows. Each of these have different facial expression which I feel reflects their mood and what they are feeling. The top right image shows a good reflection of mood with their body language and also with the lighting, how there is barely any light, only on the opposite side to what the image has been shot on which makes it look more like a silhouette, to me this is a deep photograph and I get the interpretation that he is deep in thought, whereas the top left one has a lot more light with some shadow in shows a happier mood whilst having a deep meaning at the same time. The bottom two images have a lot more light and a lot less shadow, I like these images and think that they look good because of the detail in the face, because there is more light and less shadow there is a lot more detail visible and I like these images as an overall portrait. I have researched and found that a lot of portraits are black and white and I think that in some situations this looks better than colour, it gives it a better effect and meaning.

















Tom Barnes
Tom Barnes is a portrait photographer who works worldwide and is based just outside London. He has photographed portraits for music labels such as universal records and atlantic records, magazines, and many more companies such as specsavers, comic relief and many others. He has photographed celebrities such as Olly Sykes, Sam Smith, Example, Greg James and bands such as 5 Seconds of Summer and Deaf Havana.



I have chosen this image as my main inspiration of this photographers work and with this I will produce a similar image inspired by this piece of this photographers work. I enjoy this image because I think that it is an interesting yet simple portrait and it shows a lot of detail within his facial expression.

Intentions
My aim is to create an image inspired by Tom Barnes using this image I have chosen as my main inspiration. I will do this by going into the studio and I will show inspiration from this image within my image by also shooting and black and white and will shoot my model wearing glasses. In this I will show reflection within the glasses. Whilst shooting this image I will experiment with different distances and positions of the flash and have a range of different images and in the end I will choose which I feel works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment